Thursday, July 2, 2009

Lawyers Without Borders

Why haven't I written more about my job? Here's what it says in the materials they sent me:

"You are a neutral trial observer, bound to confidentiality, barred from public comment except to identify yourself as a trial observer, representing Lawyers Without Borders, an NGO based in the USA. Your goal is to observe a trial and you should do nothing, nor speak to anyone, that might jeopardize your permission to attend and observe the subject trial."

So that's that. Anyhow, it's finished now. Over three weeks of sitting in a very cold courtroom located on a prison compound, watching a trial that's been going for over a year, and has a long way to go. I am happy I did it. I learned a lot and I think I was helpful. I also learned that neutral trial observation is not the career for me. Good to know.

No comments: