Friday, July 3, 2009

A backpack and a tent

This is all I carry with me on my journey.
Another shot, with a notebook (which I left behind in Windhoek) and my shoes (which I brought with me) for scale.
I have all I need:

Tent
Sleeping bag
4 shirts + 2 undershirts
1 pair of pants (one can turn into shorts)
1 pair of self-cleaning underwear (google "ex officio")
3 pair of socks
1 pair of sandals
1 towel the size of a big washcloth, like what divers use
toiletries and medicines, all in 1 satchel
2 cameras (one of which i might mail back home soon)
tiny laptop
a few books and a sony reader
various electric cords, adapters, batteries, etc.
one container of instant coffee (a necessary foodstuff)

Plus the clothes I'm wearing (including a second pair of ex officio self-cleaning underwear), a baseball cap, and a jacket.

The key to my system: I wrap my sleeping bag around my tent and squeeze both into the tent bag. Which means that my backpack has plenty of room in it!

No comments: