Friday, June 26, 2009

Mom and baby




Other observations from this trip: Lions' roars are terrifying when you're alone in a tent in the middle of the night. I watched lions hunt for hours late one night -- they're very hard to see (and photograph). I sat at a watering hole and watched an elephant drink, when all of a sudden literally 35 more elephants arrived. It was quite a show.

Next week, I leave Namibia. If anyone knows people in Maun, Botswana, or Livingstone, Zambia, drop me an email. Before I leave, I'll finally write a bit about Windhoek and the job I had while I was here.

I went to 3 stores this morning. At each one, Michael Jackson's music was playing, and one of them actually had a small shrine for Michael, complete with burning candles and flowers. Namibia apparently really loved the guy.

No comments: